We are seeking an experienced Boiler Startup / Service Technician at our Arlington location. This position will be responsible for performing boiler / water heater startups and provide technical support for newly installed equipment. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and will work well with others. The position requires a high level of correspondence with Project Managers, Service Coordinators, and customers.
- Provide installation pre-check inspections and provide instruction based on factory recommendations for commercial boilers and water heaters
- Perform electrical and mechanical inspection including gas and flue vent piping on equipment to ensure peak performance
- Troubleshoot and Diagnose equipment boiler and system issues
- Use experience and technical skills to achieve desired operation of boilers and water heaters
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location and operation of the system(s)
- Represent the company in a positive manner to other trades, contractors, and owners
- Advise owner / representative of operation and preventive maintenance actions to be taken
- Attend and/or view factory training programs
- Work in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Submit required paperwork to Service Coordinator daily
- Work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are always taken
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime / weekends, as required
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must have current Boiler certification and OSHA 10 Training, plus 1-5 years’ experience working as a Service Technician in a commercial environment
- Electrical knowledge required and EPA Certification (i.e. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer, etc.), plus 2-3 years boiler maintenance and repair experience (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand-held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
- Ability to work in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, risk of electrical shock (high voltage), climbing/working at elevated heights, etc.
- Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and balance requirements of multiple and varied duties
Hours: Generally M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Paid PTO Time—starts accruing immediately
- 401k with generous company match
- Paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life Insurance ($50,000 policy)
- Excellent insurance options
Competitive Salary DOE
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the position holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job description will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organizational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the position holder.