Oslin Nation represents some of the best manufacturers and products in the hydronics, mechanical and plumbing industries. One is fairly new to market in the US, but has a long history.
Poloplast America is a new business founded in 2019, but the roots of the company stretch all the way back to 1954, when Poloplast began producing plastic piping systems in Austria. Initially, they were received as a novelty. Over the years, however, Poloplast products evolved to incorporate new technologies like sound insulation and five-layer construction that rapidly proved to be superior innovations, helping Poloplast set a new standard for piping systems designed for water supply, ventilation, ducting, waste and water discharge, and more.
Poloplast’s multilayer, semi-rigid PP-R pipes and fittings ensure corrosion-free, hygienically pure water delivery systems that last decades longer than the competition. The pipes are lighter, stronger, and easier to install than traditional pipe systems.
Poloplast PP-R Piping features:
- ZERO METALLIC CORROSION – Supreme resistance with no additional corrosion-protective measures required.
- EASY TO INSTALL – Quality manufacturing, integrated expansion control, and low weight promotes easy pipe installation.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING LIFESPAN – Never worry about repairing or replacing your pipes for decades of normal use.
- STRONG, SEALED JOINTS – Heat fusion provides incredible strength and durability between pipes and fittings.
- IT’S ECO-FRIENDLY – The innovative PP-R piping system keeps water pure, contains no toxins or BPAs, and is 100% recyclable.
In addition to the above benefits, Poloplast gives the following information about piping in the US:
“In 2018, the U.S. government imposed a 25-percent tariff on foreign steel as well as other metals and materials. U.S. producers quickly raised their prices to match, breaking the building-materials budgets for commercial construction and investment across the country. The tariffs exacerbated the already-unstable global pricing for steel and with no end to the tariffs in sight, many industry experts expect steel prices to remain volatile. Polypropylene offers a new, cutting-edge solution to the problem. PP-R/ PP-RCT piping systems offer a superior alternative to steel pipes for large-diameter applications in many ways. They are approximately 80 percent lighter than steel pipes and do not require any welding or open flames. PP-R pipes do not scale, corrode or release any volatile organic compounds, making them far more hygienic than steel. More importantly, they provide superior longevity and durability to steel pipes without being subject to tariffs or unpredictable price fluctuations.”