We have an exciting opportunity for an Application Engineer / Business Development rep with a knack for problem solving and the ability to build meaningful business relationships. The ideal candidate will be solution oriented and will be a strong resource for our customers’ needs.
This position is responsible for serving mechanical and plumbing engineers in the commercial design phase of the construction industry. Application Engineers identify potential sources to solicit new products to be scheduled and specified. They will also meet with the engineering community regularly by conducting Lunch and Learn presentations, product demonstrations, etc.
- Proactively work with engineers to get product specifications written around the products represented by Oslin Nation
- Conduct necessary research to perform correct sizing of equipment
- Provide account management for new and existing projects
- Meet or exceed monthly targeted engineering calls
- Actively introduce products, services, and extensions to engineers
- Communicate across departments to ensure smooth business operations and customer installations
- Ensure that engineers’ expectations are met throughout the project
- Excellent, professional communication with internal and external customers
- Ability to function effectively in a small team with high standards of accuracy and performance
- 3+ years’ experience in outside sales or engineering sales, preferably in the HVAC or plumbing industries
- Bachelor’s degree within an engineering field strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, AutoCAD
- High energy and ability to speak well in public settings, giving presentations, etc.
Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Paid PTO Time—starts accruing immediately at hire
- 401k with generous, 5% company match
- 7 paid holidays
- Company-paid Life Insurance ($50,000 policy)
- Excellent insurance options including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, and AFLAC
Competitive Salary DOE